I created my first web app in PHP 5.2 with * no frameworks *, then learned drupal, tried codeigniter, joomla. Then I learned Rails for HappySchool project and learned Django since I am python lover. Tried Pylons and settled with Flask and experimenting brubeck.
Flask is microframework built around werkzeug datastructures.
Advantages Vs Disadvantages
- Learn in depth working of HTTP vs Time consuming
- Opportunity to create library vs Time consuming
- Less batteries available vs More development time
It is highly loosely coupled which is good to replace the parts with best tools if available. Not suited for everyone. Unless you are ready to explore/headdesk/discover/ship/reship/learn/hack DON’T use microframework, choose full blown framework like Django/Rails.
Remember web development sucks models, views, templates, helpers, UI. With micorframework you get only one level or two level above CGI. you need to figure out session management, Database Toolkit, NoSQL toolkit, template engine, form handlers, assest manager, blah blah.
- Five reasons to use Py.test
- Build Plugins with Pluggy
- Render local images in datasette using datasette-render-local-images
- Parameterize Python Tests
- “Don’t touch your face” - Neural Network will warn you
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.