22, June 2013
I woke up like any other morning thinking of closing a github issue.I went out to pick up food items for the weekend, once I was back my friend said “ You got a call on Tamil Nadu number”.
I reverted the call and the person said “I am calling from Delhi consumer court, confirmed my name, address where I stayed in feb, 2009, added RC Gowtham has filled a 420 case against you(dc801/2013, couldn’t find status in http://126.96.36.199/ncdrcusersWeb/login.do?method=caseStatus) and gave his phone number”.
I called to RC Gowtham and asked for details. Reason is I haven’t paid my Reliance Bill and he gave me Reliance ID. He hung the call saying “Case will be in Delhi consumer court on monday”.
Then I rushed to near by Reliance communication and enquired the details against the reliance id. I heard the whooping amount of 4435 is pending but actual bill must be 500+.
Then I spoke to customer care found out the bill was generated on february 2009, amount was 540. Now with the penalty I need to pay 4435.
I remember paying the bill and properly terminating the connection by returning the equipment in Peelamedu, Coimbatore. In March(update: 06/02/2009) we shifted our house.
I spoke to the person from Delhi who called me up earlier. I am supposed to pay the amount by 3.00 PM and pass on the bill details else I have to fight the case in Delhi consumer court. Seems the person who called me might be hired by Reliance.
- Why hasn’t reliance called to me in last 4 years to collect the bill ? I haven’t changed my number in past 6 years.
- Is there a way I can fight this ?
- How can a person from Coimbatore, living in Bangalore will fight a case in Delhi court ?
Apart from paying the money, I don’t have any option to exit from this problem. Any thoughts ?
- I have complaint filed against disconnection on 4th february 2009, complaint no: 88025881.
- Customer care couldn’t find the status or resolution for the complaint since its 4 year old.
- I have reopened the thread. Hope this time I get reply.
- At 3.05 PM I got the call from the person and I said “My lawyer will handle this”. He replied “case is on monday morning”.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.